Difference between revisions of "Dominic Chad"
m (→Musical Inspiration)
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
*Brian Jones (of [[The Rolling Stones]] )
* Brian Jones (of [[The Rolling Stones]])
* Russian opera
* Classical music
==The Mansun Years==
==The Mansun Years==
Revision as of 22:58, 29 February 2016
|Birth name||Dominic Chad|
|Also known as||Chad|
|Born||Exeter, EnglandJune 5, 1972 in|
|Genre(s)||Rock, Alternative, Britpop|
|Occupation(s)||Bar Manager of the Fat Cat pub/cafe in Chester, Musician in Mansun, Paramedic Driver, Support Worker|
|Instrument(s)||Lead/Rhythm Guitar, Background and some lead Vocals, Piano, Synthesizer, Bass Guitar|
|Label(s)|| Sci-Fi Hi-Fi|
|Associated acts||Floating Bear|
|*Gibson ES-335 Cherry Red Gibson Tremolo * *Gibson ES-335 Black (Crossbones) * *Gibson ES-335 Cherry Red Epiphone Tremolo * *Gibson ES-335 Cherry Red 'The Roses' * *Gibson ES-330 Brown Walnut Finish|
|Mansun Web-site http://www.mansun.co.uk|
Born in Exeter, Devon, Chad grew up in Maidstone, Kent where he attended Maidstone Grammar School.
During his studies Dominic went on to study French and Russian at Bangor University, where he met bassist Mark Howard. They formed the band "Floating Bear" in 1991 with Lance Paine, Pete James and Iain Jenner and released a five-track cassette entitled "Barely Real". The band regularly played at the university's student bar including an Amnesty benefit gig and also played at Pontardawe Festival.
- George Harrison (The Beatles)
- Brian Jones (of The Rolling Stones)
- Russian opera
- Classical music
The Mansun Years
After being kicked off his degree at the end of the second year, Chad re-located to Chester where he worked as a barman at the Fat Cat Cafe Bar on Watergate Street and met Stove King and Paul Draper, with whom he formed Mansun.
Whilst in Mansun not only did Chad play keys and guitar he also arranged and wrote songs, co-wrote several of Mansun's songs with Paul. He also performed lead vocals on some of s songs, such as "Golden Stone", a B-side to "I Can Only Disappoint U" and a live cover of "Shot by Both Sides" a single from Magazine which ended up as a B-side to Taxloss.
Dominic used to have something of a rockstar wild streak about him and knew how to party, there have been several 'fracas' during his time with the band. You can read about some of this from this article.
Life after Mansun
Post official Mansun split Dom worked with Paul and Andie in finalising songs destined for Mansun's 4th album Kleptomania, after which the remaining 3 band members parted ways.
Afterwards he kept in touch with Paul every now and again but he has moved on from Mansun and the public eye.
Since 2003, Chad has worked as a support worker, supporting people with learning difficulties, physical disabilities and brain injuries. From 2005 to 2010, he worked as an ambulance medic in the London Ambulance Service.
Chad composed and performed the music for the short film 'The Man On The Moor', directed by his friend Steven Rosam. He has also written and co-written episodes for 'Wussywat The Clumsy Cat', a children's TV show screened on CBeebies from June 2015..
It has also been revealed in a recent interview to XSNOIZE that Chad had attempted to get Paul sacked several times, and that he wanted to transform the band in to something that resembled The Seahorses.
Dominic Chad Gallery
- ↑ findmypast.co.uk. Retrieved from findmypast.co.uk.
- ↑ http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/paul-draper-chester-band-mansun-7511372
- ↑ MANSUN. Retrieved from Rock-the-world.com.
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20120426081457/http://lancepaine.me.uk/index.php?f=data_home&a=2
- ↑ http://www.seren.bangor.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/archive/pdf/1993/078-MAY04-1993.pdf
- ↑ Internet Archive Wayback Machine (15 February 2005). Retrieved from archive.org.
- ↑ The Fat Cat, Chester - The Cat’s whiskers. Retrieved from chesterchronicle.co.uk.
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2966326/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4771486/fullcredits/
- ↑ PAUL DRAPER on the 17th anniversary of ‘Six’, getting sacked from Mansun & ‘Spooky Action’ (12 September 2015). Retrieved from xsnoize.com.